Botox is a popular non-invasive procedure for removing wrinkles and fine lines on the face. While most Botox treatments turn out successful, some fail because the patient lacks a full understanding of the process, including how to prepare for it and what to do after getting one.
Botox injections here in Salt Lake City can remove moderate up to severe wrinkles and lines on the face, forehead, and even the neck area. Once injected, it can relax stiff muscles. The procedure only takes 15 minutes, but you will begin to see results after three days.
Sometimes, it fails because a patient did not follow the instruction on what to do before and after the procedure.
Before Botox Treatment
Patients have to prepare for Botox, even if it is only a 15-minute, non-invasive procedure. Here are things you should do (and not do) before the treatment:
- Choose your doctor wisely.
- Inform your doctor of any medication you are taking, including sleeping pills and muscle relaxants, or if you have received Botox injections in the past four months.
- Avoid alcohol and medication that causes blood thinning to prevent severe bruising.
- Wait for several days if you have consumed alcohol.
After Botox Treatment
Aftercare is more demanding than preparation. You must follow these things after the procedure:
- Avoid medication that worsens bruising like ibuprofen. If there is a feeling of pain, you can take Paracetamol.
- Do not drink alcohol during the first 24 hours after the procedure.
- You may touch or wash your face as usual, but do not massage or rub, especially in the first 24 hours.
- Skip facial or microdermabrasion treatments until the seventh day.
- Exercise facial muscles by performing natural facial expressions like frowning, smiling, and raising the eyebrows.
- Botox experts advise avoiding flying until the third day. Significant changes in air pressure can cause the Botox to move to different parts of the face.
Learn more about Botox before giving it a go. Following the dos and don’ts of before and after Botox treatment increases the chances of getting wonderful results.